Matrana’s Produce is a leading regional produce distributor, and our business is growing. We are seeking to fill the position of Operations Manager to handle the daily operations of our warehouse and delivery teams. If you have the knowledge and expertise in the warehousing and distribution industries – with a minimum of 5 years of direct management responsibilities, we invite you to apply today.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Vice President; and has 4-6 direct reports. The departments which the Operations Manager is responsible for are: Warehousing, Delivery, Mechanics and Fleet. The Operations Manager is responsible to plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily activities of each department.
- Ensuring effective communications within all departments and with the Executive Team of the company.
- Establish annual objectives for each department and the team leaders.
- Establish performance metrics for all key functions of each department.
- Plans, schedules and reviews workloads and manpower to ensure all customer needs are met in the most cost-effective manner.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Assist in establishing annual operating budgets for all departments.
- Mentor, counsel, coach and discipline as necessary.
- Ensure 100% compliance with company’s food safety program.
- Develop programs geared to consistently improving operational efficiencies, driving down costs and training team members.
- The successful candidate must be highly organized, a self-starter, a strategic thinker, and comfortable with recommending and developing new methods of operating.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to an effective problem solver.
- Ability to engage and motivate others in a collaborative manner.
- Minimum 5 years of similar management responsibilities within the warehouse and delivery industries; with a strong preference for experience with food product warehousing and delivery.
- Knowledge of the PRIMUS food safety program is a plus.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance
This is a full-time position with a well-established, growing and stable company. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Candidates must supply their current or expected compensation to be considered for this position. Criminal and financial background checks will be required of all final candidates.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.