The Fleet Supervisor is responsible for the coordination, planning and dispatching activities of the company’s logistics program. The primary responsibilities will include ensuring compliance to all federal and state agencies, ensuring safety rules & practices are followed at all times, timely deliveries to all our customers, while optimizing efficiencies.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Responsible for direction and coordination of drivers in accordance to crew start times and locations to ensure maximum equipment efficiency, utilization and costs, while ensuring compliance with federal and state agency regulations and programs.
- Responsible for coordination of loads ready for product hauling, equipment movements and for ensuring Cut-to-Cool time is achieved effectively by monitoring that loads arrive to the cooling facility in a timely manner.
- Coordinate 90 day inspections for all needed on-road company vehicles and equipment.
- Review and monitor Electronic Driver Log system; review, approve and ensure all forms and logs are correctly completed on a daily basis and submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for timely weekly payroll for AM & PM shift personnel and inter-company correspondence distribution.
- Ensure all personal protective and safety equipment are in suitable conditions, and available at all times; order or replace equipment as needed.
- Ensure contractors and clients are compliant with documentation, insurances, etc.; review and approve contractor service invoices and billing, and submit in a timely manner for payment.
- Develop business by researching industry techniques, procedures, and products.
- Knowledge of employee counseling and disciplinary procedures, direct appropriate action and preparation of necessary documentation, in accordance to company policies.
- Inform Field Operations Manager and appropriate office personnel in a timely manner of employee relations issues, progress and resolutions, driver updates; leaves of absences, workers’ compensation injuries and statuses, timesheet changes, etc.
- Attend all mandatory compliance and company training sessions.
- Responsible for employee supervision and training including safety, food safety, discipline and motivation.
- Conduct weekly tailgate meetings covering topics of safety, food safety and current and new company policies.
- Establish and sustain strong and effective relationships with outside contractors, associates, customers, and supporting departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports our organization’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- 2 – 4 years of previous experience in field supervision is preferred.
- Preferred: AA degree, certificate of vocational or trade school with emphasis in logistics.
- Bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish is preferred. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and English without assistance is preferred .
- Proficiency with computers, including but not limited to Microsoft programs.
- Valid Driver’s License, class A, preferred.
- Discreet handling of all business and employee matters (maintaining confidentiality at all levels is a must).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet various deadlines.
- Must be extremely well organized and able to multitask.
- May require continuing education in supervision, safety and other job-related areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.