The Fleet Support Assistant Supervisor position will support the Fleet Supervisor on all compliance, training, analytical, and other administrative requirements for on-road and off-road equipment needs for the Logistics team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Assist with the coordination, scheduling and dispatching for drivers, maintenance and sanitation departments.
- Provide analytical support and make recommendations that optimize fleet program.
- Provide operational and administrative support for maintenance and sanitation departments.
- Assist with creating, and completing departmental standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for the Administration of the Electronic Driver Log software program.
- Review, track and ensure logs completed properly on a daily basis and resolve any conflicts.
- Ensure hours of service are in compliant.
- Responsible with DMV registrations and port of entry certificates.
- Responsible to conduct trainings for drivers, maintenance, and the sanitation on software usage, safety, food safety, and other federal and/or state regulatory requirements.
- Responsible with the preparation and facilitation of CHP inspections; attend inspections, monitor and ensure proper completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports our organization’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- 2 – 4 years of previous experience in fleet administration is preferred.
- Preferred: AA degree, certificate of vocational or trade school with emphasis in business administration or equivalent field or commensurate experience within the scope of the position.
- Bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish is required. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and English without assistance is required.
- Proficiency with computers, including but not limited to Microsoft programs.
- Prior training experience, preferred.
- Discreet handling of all business and employee matters (maintaining confidentiality at all levels is a must).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet various deadlines.
- Relocate to remote sites including the surrounding areas of: California-Castroville, Coachella, and Huron, and Arizona-Yuma as required.
- May require continuing education in supervision, safety and other job related areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.