The Account Executive is primarily responsible for growing our customer base. We are looking for someone to help us build strong, trust-based relationships with customers and share the flavors of the produce and stories of the farmers we support. This position requires a deep knowledge of produce seasonality and varieties as well as the ability to communicate well with chefs. As we grow our team, we are looking to focus more heavily on local food procurement. This position with work with our Sustainability and Local Farms Program Manager to identify potential new customers within the local food movement.
- Help build our network of customers by generating leads and speaking with potential new customers about our offerings
- Develop extensive knowledge of all company products and services in order to communicate effectively with current and new customers
- Provide excellent customer service and communications to customers
- Develop trust-based relationships with customers and services internally as a representative of the customer’s needs
- Develop working knowledge of Thyme (inventory management software)
- Have a strong background in local food systems advocacy, sustainable agriculture, and seasonal cooking
- Have two years of experience working directly with customers
- Have strong customer service skills and the ability to build meaningful relationships with Bay Area Chefs
- Candidate must have excellent people and communication skills
- Handle pressure well
- Be self-motivated and be very detail oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.