This is a delivery position responsible for driving a box truck for the purpose of delivering, unloading and pickup various products for our customers. Legal DOT hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
• Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-50 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Daylight Foods policies and procedures.
• Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
• Must be able to follow California labor code 512(a) related lunches and break policy and House of Services (HOS)
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Good attendance and adherence to work schedule (early morning start time)
• Must be 21+ years of age
• Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 10 years)
• Must have at least 1 year commercial driving experience • Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
• Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary : Based on the type of driving license
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.