On behalf of dynamic, successful and established berry grower based on the Central Coast of California, we are accepting resumes for immediate consideration for the position of Financial Controller at their corporate offices in Salinas, CA. Terrific family owned operation for three generations believes in team work and a supportive environment. Full-time direct hire. Benefits eligible.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversees all financial and accounting elements of grower/shipper operation.
2. Plans, develops, organizes, implements directs and evaluates the Company fiscal functions from every relevant perspective
3. Manages treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets
4. Coordinates the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and informational reports
5. Provides timely accurate analysis of budget and financial reports
6. Oversees completion of annual audited financial statements
7. Manages budgeting and long term financial planning process
8. Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the Company
9. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs, strategies and regular interactions
10. Develops reliable global cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet the operating needs of the company
11. Improves the timeliness and accuracy of the company cash flow and management of the billing and collection process and month end, quarterly and year end closing
12. Working in conjunction with CPA, ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, franchise tax, sales tax and employment tax
13. Coordinates with appropriate legal counsel relating to financial and corporate governance compliance and risk assessment matters
14. Develops and advises business strategic planning
15. Leads, mentors, and develops accounting team. Direct reports include Payroll, A/P, and A/R Clerks.
16. Performs other financial and accounting related duties as required
Ideal candidate will have the ability to perform the above successfully as well as possess the following skills, education, and experience (a combination of same may be considered):
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, DataTech and/or Famous software
* Ability to influence at a management level both internally and externally.
* Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally.
* Willingness to dig in and work hands on.
* Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment & under pressure, meet deadlines and accomplish objectives
* Ability to verbally communicate effectively and clearly, excellent decision making ability at times on the spot, must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effective time management, and open work schedule
* Must be able to work flexible hours and some evenings, weekends, and holidays as business requires.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting and or Business Administration preferred however relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of education.
* Proven experience in the agriculture industry in a grower accounting role. Berry growing business experience a plus! * Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.