Position: National Procurement Manager Dry Goods/Grocery
Reports To: Non-Perishables Manager/National Procurement Manager
Responsible for dry goods/grocery category strategies including sourcing, contracting and procurement for ingredients determined by the recipe specs. Supports company financial goals, product mix, business relationships, kitchen innovation needs, and our Sun Basket team culture. Position partners with Kitchen Team, Regional Replenishment Buyers, and Marketing Team.
Typical Work Week:
Approximately 50 hours per week, including possible weekend time:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Negotiates with suppliers for favorable pricing and quality
• Sources products that adhere to Sun Basket Brand Pillars.
• Assists in creating ingredient specs in conjunction with the kitchen team
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with vendors, ensuring that vendors are aware of and abide by product policies, delivery and invoice guidelines.
• Negotiates and implements supply agreements and contracts
• Prepares annual plans for COGs reduction and product sourcing changes.
• Develop supplier standards and protocols to fit Sun Basket brand commitment and all compliance requirements. Prepare vendor scorecards
• Develop long-term strategic planning with key vendors to bring competitive advantages to the business
• Develop and execute category assortment plan including ingredient analysis, Regional Replenishment Buyer collaboration, and forecasting.
• Ability to educate staff and gain commitment to quality across all departments.
• Cross-train with other regional buyers and provide back-up when needed.
• Work directly with QA team to ensure highest product quality and vendor compliance.
• Daily upkeep of data (price, UOM, producer, locale, substitutions etc.) including new ingredient offerings and description updates
• Preparation of weekly metrics
• Review Invoices for accuracy
• Reconcile invoices with receiving, purchase orders, billing, credits, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Food background and knowledge are important.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in procurement and material sourcing in the food industry.
• Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
• Ability to integrate sourcing solutions with forecasting systems for 100% fill rate
• Excellent communication, organization, analytical, research and negotiation skills
• Solid systems experience and working knowledge of procurement software solutions
• Strong organization and planning skills amidst a busy workplace.
• Able to work independently
• Highly organized with a strong business acumen
• Strong relationship builder.
• Proven ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities and deadlines with laser-sharp attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.