Cooler Manager – Night Operations – Mountain View Cooler, Oxnard CA
Western Precooling is the leading full service provider of precooling equipment facilities and services. We are recruiting for an individual with proven leadership experience to manage the night operations of our cold storage and distribution warehouse. Responsibilities also include directing and overseeing job assignments and ensuring customer requirements are met.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers in corresponding departments, effectively communicate job duties and responsibilities to employees;
- Determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules;
- Oversees the scheduling of work crews to minimize the use of overtime labor;
- Responsible for monitoring and generating key indicators and performance measurements each day and communicating that information to senior management. Key indicators include number of cartons shipped, receive to cool time, loading windows and appointment metrics, etc.;
- Oversees Dispatch operations, ensuring proper shipment documentation is kept and items are prepared for shipment. Works closely with shipping department to make sure loading metrics are met and shipments come in and out efficiently;
- Responsible for traffic and security personal, ensuring truck traffic is organized in an efficient manner;
- Work closely with our Food & Employee Safety Departments to ensure proper safety procedures and guidelines are being followed, documents/investigates employee safety incidents and facility incidents, effectively communicates and implements new safety rules and procedures to staff, and fills out any necessary paperwork required;
- Work closely with fellow Western Precooling management team members to ensure company policies and procedures are being carried out by employees.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional manner;
- Proven success in managing a cold storage warehouse, which includes receiving product, storage and customer pick up;
- Possess basic computer skills and be familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook (email) programs;
- Knowledge of warehouse management programs, such as Famous, Acknowledge or AS400 based programs is helpful;
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and English helpful.
HOW TO APPLY
Western Precooling is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization which cares deeply about its customers and its employees. If you feel you would like to be part of this team, and feel you are up to this challenge please submit your resume via email or fax: 510-656-1137. Resumes may also be mailed to: Western Precooling Systems, 43990 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538. EOE www.westernprecooling.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.