The qualified candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work safely in accordance with OSHA standards, effectively as both an independent self‐starter and work cooperatively with others. This work must be planned and executed to meet crucial deadlines, efficiently serve our clients, and build the success of our programs. The following job functions are not all‐inclusive and may change as required by the needs of the Company.
At Ocean Mist Farms, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to grow and ship our top quality products. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Equipment Maintenance Technician
• Install, inspect, maintain and repair refrigeration equipment.
• Troubleshoot specialized equipment and machinery. Test lines, components and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment.
• Perform charge and leak checks; pre‐start up checks.
• Work in our plant & processing operations to support all equipment and installation / de‐installation needs, preventative & regular equipment maintenance.
• Analyze equipment failures, determines cause(s) and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
• Ensure that the Maintenance Department completes all facility service requirements.
• Maintain a working inventory of spare parts and order parts as needed for preventative maintenance and repair equipment.
• Ensure that the equipment and surrounding areas are kept best‐in‐class quality and condition.
• Seek new technologies and automation opportunities in lowering the overall manufacturing costs.
• Repair diesel and gas forklifts, trailers, and other machinery. Uses shop tools and test instruments as needed.
• Diagnose systems for cause of failure or potential failure. Disassembles components and inspect parts.
Reassembles components and tests machine operation. Clean, service and lubricate machinery; adjusts systems and controls.
• Confer with plant manager to coordinate priority projects; equipment repair, and extent of repairs to be performed. Completes parts request forms. Orders parts through various sources such as parts books, CDs, internet websites and parts department.
• Perform extensive configuration of hydraulic and electrical systems where new systems or modifications to existing systems are required.
• Complete and track work order numbers, machine and task codes and project hours. Note incomplete repairs or any other relevant observations.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The incumbent will work under general supervision. Candidates must have a clean background, be able to pass a post‐ offer/pre‐employment drug/alcohol test and be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates need reliable transportation, good driving record with a valid driver’s license in order to drive company vehicles when necessary.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• AHRI (Air‐Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute) certification would be highly desired.
• Two – five years experience in refrigeration repair and maintenance. A minimum of 5 years experience working as a mechanic or experience and equivalent training. Previous agriculture experience is highly desired. Two – five years experience with machine operations is acceptable. Two – five years experience in operation of forklifts, hand and power tools, and basic machine shop skills is required.
• Must own necessary work tools and have the ability to use specialty tools and scanners to diagnose, adjust and repair equipment.
• Ability to communicate in English and Spanish at a fluent level is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of engineering drawings, electrical schematics, engineering flow diagrams and basic shop math. Strong electrical and/or mechanical ability with two – five years experience with equipment maintenance of this specific or similar equipment is also highly desired. Have proven experience in setting up and diagnosing malfunctions in hydraulic systems, electrical systems, drive systems and diesel and gas engines.
• Diagnose and repair malfunctions on diesel and gas engines, drive trains, brakes, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems. Configure, layout and assemble complex hydraulic, electrical systems on new equipment.
• Assemble/disassemble equipment without assistance. Inspect parts and determine when parts are to be replaced or reused. Repair equipment quickly and accurately. Produce quality work while maintaining cost controls. Establish and maintain an organized, clean work area.
• Must follow safety guidelines and work safely around and with equipment and other personnel.
• Strong interpersonal skills including; ability to maintain effective working and professional relationships with employees, supervisors, vendors and customers; maintain a balanced outlook during stressful times.
• Knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, GAP and Food Safety, Quality Assurance gained through education and/or at least 1 year experience working with food manufacturing is preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent would be desired but not required; however, continued training in safety, food safety, quality assurance and other job‐related areas will be required.
• Ability to: work in extreme cold and hot environments with indoor and outdoor temperatures ranging from less than 34F and over 100F; lift at least 50 pounds without undue physical exertion; Majority of time spent working in a cooler and plant environment, often standing, walking, kneeling turning, reaching, climbing stairs, operating computers for long periods of time.
• Ability to: communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions; carry out defined procedures and duties with specific instructions; learn new duties with minimal repetition; manage a task/project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision; requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions.
Submit your cover letter and resume
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.