Accounting and Manager Position
A well-established and respected, family owned produce company is looking for a new, long term team leader to replace a 20 year veteran employee. We are located in a coastal community 1/2 way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Our lovely town is consistently ranked “the happiest place in the US”. The community supports an active and healthy lifestyle with many trails and ocean activities right at your back door. The company encourages and supports a healthy work and life balance. Our main office is located just steps away from parks and hiking trials and only a short drive to the beaches. In addition to a flexible schedule the office is also a dog friendly work environment. Most of our employees have been with the company for over a decade. We will provide a competitive salary and benefits in a family oriented environment. We are looking for someone who wants to join the team and be a part of a continuing business success. This position allows and encourages you to make it your own.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversees all financial and accounting elements for a grower/shipper. Providing operational and managerial support to the overall organization through budget and general ledger accounting.
- Maintaining documents and licenses to be compliant for all state, federal and local government.
- All aspects of maintaining financial and accounting elements and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard company assets for multiple companies.
- Ensure accounting functions are consistent with the company’s goals and objectives through management and coordination of account reporting activities for the companies, including but not limited to: revenue/expenses, balance sheets, company budget reports for Line Of Credit, review and presentation of short and long-term planning strategies.
- Communicate with financial institutions and CPA firm as necessary to ensure compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax and corporate filings.
- Review and analyze cost accumulation of ranch and blocks and indirect cost centers.
- Develop and maintain rigorous documentation standards to ensure ongoing knowledge and transfer of knowledge of all business critical finance and accounting applications and processes.
- Assist with data collection and reporting for operational decision making and planning
- Other duties can and will be assigned at the discretion of the Manager
- Assist with annual contract organization and gathering/organizing documents for each group
- Set up tasks and organize multiple people and groups each day, and make sure tasks are accomplished
- Payroll activates at this time would be limited to overseeing a Farm Labor Contractor and reporting to Paychex
- Actively manage inventory to ensure accountability (Excel)
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain branch goals
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and CPA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in month end close, cash flow management, capital investment analysis, annual budgeting process, cost Accounting and general ledger management.
- Prior experience in fruit/produce industry desired.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Computer expertise; Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced), Word and QuickBooks
- Detail oriented and the drive to be hands on, including flexible hours. Limited travel within a few hours of the office.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a helpful plus
- Solid problem-solving skills with a methodical approach.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to serve and help improve the team
- Ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information. Able to operate with the highest ethics and integrity.
- Background check required at time of offer is extended
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision and 401k) and company cell.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.