James J. Stevinson Corporation is a diversified agribusiness located in Stevinson, California. Founded in 1852, James J. Stevinson Corporation started as a cattle ranch supplying beef to miners during the California gold rush. Seven generations later, it has morphed into a diversified farming operation. The family’s key businesses involve dairy, beef cattle, almonds, alfalfa and forage mix.
James J. Stevinson Corporation is looking to add an experienced Chief Financial Officer to their management team. The CFO’s primary function will be to optimize the company’s profits and provide a financial strategy for sustainable growth. Managing a small staff, the CFO must be “hands on” and willing to wear a variety of hats.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Prepare accurate corporate books and records and issue accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- Collaborate with operating department managers to ensure timely preparation of the annual financial budgets and interim forecasts. Provides results analysis to inform adjustments.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Payroll operations to ensure timely and accurate cash disbursements are made to both vendors and employees.
- Monitor federal farm program provisions and insure compliance in annual cropping plans; file necessary crop plans, production reports and landlord distribution information with appropriate regulatory entities.
- Analyze feasibility of capital investments and negotiate new purchases as approved by management.
- Manage non-accounting functions such as insurance, legal, HR and IT support using a combination of research, staff, outside consultants and personal knowledge.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Manages daily cash flow and utilizes industry and business acumen to provide management with useful and efficient internal reports, revises and updates.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controller or CFO role.
- Experience in agribusiness is preferred.
- CPA license is preferred.
- Must be willing to live in the California Central Valley.
Employment benefits include: To the qualifying individual, we offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including health insurance, life insurance as well as dental and vision insurance. Moreover, the company provides an excellent profit share and 401k plan.
Candidates who contact James J. Stevinson Corp directly will be disqualified from consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.