Title: CAD Designer
Location: Salinas, California
Reports to: Manager of Automation & Innovation
Date of Opening: Immediately
Tanimura & Antle has been the industry leader of innovation for over 35 years and believes the best years are yet to come. Tanimura and Antle is an employee owned Company that believes our success has come from our employees’ quality, service and innovation.
The CAD (Computer Aided Design) Designer will be part of a team of forward thinkers, innovators, designers and engineers working to find solutions to the growing need of automating and process improvement in the agriculture industry.
The CAD Designer uses Solidworks CAD software to provide support to the Research and Development and Engineering teams.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Create, revise and review all final drawings and layouts with high quality, accuracy, detail and precision prior to manufacturing, including concept drawings from other designers and engineers.
- Recognize innovation opportunities and work on machinery from concept to successful application.
- Check tolerances, assembly interference, and required clearance.
- Create and revise bill of materials for accuracy.
- Work with manufacturing companies to assure high quality and successful performance of machinery.
- Assist in the shop for final assembly and review parts for accuracy.
- Work on flow charts for accurate timeline, deliverables and milestones to ensure project completion.
- Intermittent travel as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience
- Must have an AA or equivalent experience from a college or technical school with an emphasis on mechanical design/drafting and/or four years combined education and experience.
- Must be proficient using Solidworks CAD software to develop 3D drawings of new components, assembly, and concepts.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics and calculations and use of instruments such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Must have a solid understanding of drafting techniques and engineering terminology.
- Must have an understanding of hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Must have a desire to design, develop, and create sustainable, practical and innovative solutions while remaining flexible and meeting the established deadlines.
- Must have a can do attitude and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have a general idea of how things are properly assembled, machined and fabricated.
- Fabrication and machining background is a plus.
Calculate figures and amounts such as counts, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, subtraction, addition, multiplication and division. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and general information. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees of the organization and the general public.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have Solidworks CAD software experience and knowledge plus experience in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word & Excel).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in an office setting and at the Shop where the noise level can range from usually quite to a moderate noise level.
For additional information or to apply for this position, contact Jeff Antle, Manager of Automation and Innovation via email below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.