Develop greater and deeper grower relationships in Salinas Valley, uncovering their equipment solution needs to help them succeed. Continuously build and cultivate relationships with both new and existing customers to be seen as an expert and preferred provider of Ag products and solutions.
• Contributes to a positive work environment and promotes the values and mission of Quinn Company through productive communication and actions
• Builds lasting relationships with internal and external partners, always focusing on long term.
• Collaborate with local team members and shared resource groups in order to deliver creative solutions and exceed our customer expectations
• Responsible for all sales activities from lead generation through participation in and closing of the sale. Expected to participate in all opportunity with assigned accounts
• Meets or exceeds minimum required face to face contact with all assigned accounts to ensure the relationship and knowledge of business is maintained. Informs customers of new product, solutions and support developments. Contacts potential customers by telephone when face-to-face call is not practical.
• Interacts with existing and prospective customers to partner with them, understand their problems, solve their problems and add value to their business
• Promotes new and used products and services in assigned territory through value selling approach (quality products include Challenger, Massey, Caterpillar, Wilcox, Trimble, etc). Demonstrate and explain the features, advantages and benefits of our products and solutions.
• Coordinates and attends delivery of each new or used system sold.
• Responsible for continuous learning. Monitors market conditions, competitor’s products and pricing; maintains strong knowledge of product line and local applications.
• Resolves problems and provides ongoing support to customer base, including assisting customers with service and/or warranty issues.
• Accurately forecast sales volumes on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.Maintains an accurate customer, activity and machine population information database.
• Completes all the necessary reporting via reports and/or CRM system to create records of all customer contacts, sales calls and opportunities won and lost
• Processes sales related documents for programs and incentives.
• Assists customer with establishment and maintenance of credit account.
• Collaborates with marketing staff to develop marketing materials, sales strategies and promotions to increase sales and promote Ag Equipment products.
• Joins and participates in industry associations and proactively seeks new relationships. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources
• Reports to regional sales Manager /branch manager
Base Salary, gross profit commission, Full benefits package including 401K and future company profit sharing, vehicle compensation package. Additional incentives based on market share and other key sales performance metrics
Job Requirements Qualifications:
• 3+ years sales experience.
• Degree in Business related field or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
• Territory Management and sales training experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Agribusiness, Ag equipment and applications, local markets and farming practices, AGCO, Cat and / or competitive equipment preferred.
• Strong time management and organizational skills required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to present and negotiate exceptionally well.
• Exceptional interpersonal, team work and communication skills.
• Clear understanding of customer service and sales.
• Must be a resourceful person, with a never give up attitude.
• Basic knowledge of equipment financing and accounting.
• Versatile and enthusiastic with high energy and exceptionally self-motivated to succeed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Laptop, Smartphone and related products.
• Bilingual preferred.
“We are in the relationship business, we just happen to sell machines and engines.” – Ed Rapp, Caterpillar Group President
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.