NPC, LLC, located in Plano, TX, is a fresh produce supply chain procurement and management firm specializing in procurement and end-to-end risk management for the food service industry. NPC, LLC has a career opportunity available for 2 talented and passionate individuals to join our team as a Produce Sourcing Manager.
This person will be responsible for managing multiple commodities, developing and maintaining grower/supplier relationships in a procurement team environment.
They will network daily with distributors, growers, shippers and distribution partners of fresh produce products.
Procurement team members are assigned by category and commodities; they manage the suppliers and distribution partners, as well as costing of market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients. The role is four-dimensional: procurement, transportation, distribution partner and ultimately, end user client satisfaction.
Position Reports to:
Director of Procurement
Perform Other Duties as Instructed by Supervisor:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand the logistics with loading product
- Assist in managing and implement the future on-line order portal
- Understand and maintain what is involved with Landing in Cost; find ways to reduce costs
- Expand new business by focusing on customer, distributor, supplier needs and new marketing opportunities
- Oversee the negotiations of contract pricing and structured FOB's by commodity weekly, within given timetables, to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety; there is no actual Purchase Orders created by NPC, LLC at this time.
- Prepare and keep records of required Contract, Food Safety documentation
- Maintain, Initiate and continually develop relationships with suppliers worldwide
- Tactical management of the produce procurement and transportation supply chains
- Reporting, building spread sheets, data entry
- Work to consolidated commodities at supplier
- Driving and managing distributor’s compliance
- Work closely with NPC’s National Sales Representatives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Project and goal oriented
- Ability to navigate through the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team and company-wide initiatives
- Ability to comprehend product information data flow (item, vendor, cost, price)
- Ability to solve problems within and across multiple departments
- Provides proactive solutions with limited direction and input
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to take risks
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Function in a fast-paced office environment
- Limited Travel required by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Ability to work extended hours at times
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the fresh produce Industry, Post-harvest, harvest, production, seasonality. Other job-related qualities that the candidate must have is the ability to initiate projects, meet deadlines, be a strong negotiator and self-starter with good communication skills, make independent decisions that will benefit the company, all in an effort to bring value to our customer base, while maintaining and growing the relationships with our partners.
Position is available for immediate hire and possible relocation for the right candidate. We keep all applicant submissions confidential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business (a Plus), Procurement, Food and Beverage or related field/comparable experience
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook - as well as the ability to adapt to new required, proprietary computer software programs
- Organizational and detail orientation
- Minimum 2 Years F.O.B. Purchasing (or equal experience) of Fruits, Vegetables and/or Dairy products in the food service industry
- Minimum 2 Year Experience in Contract Negotiation, Source Buying, Business Planning
- Knowledge of USDA and PACA requirements
- Bilingual skills are a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.