Job Title: Manager of Compliance
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President
This position is responsible for all operational and administrative compliance functions for the entire company. Through incisive and thoughtful management, this Manager will promote a complaint, legal, ethical, proper conduct safe and efficient work environment that optimizes the value of the Company and reflects the highest professional standards on the reputation of the Company in the minds of employees and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that Foremen, Supervisors, Managers are conducting business in compliance with all State and Federal Labor Laws.
- Ensure that all employees have received all compliance training as is required for their position in the company.
- Conduct internal audits as per DOL Enhanced Compliance Agreement and company internal auditing procedures, and develop appropriate formal reports.
- Inspection of all company housing to insure compliance. Taking corrective actions where needed. Minimum of bi-monthly.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Foremen, Supervisors, Managers, and employees; providing them with constructive feedback on their compliance practices.
- Conduct individual and group education to improve compliance and safe work environment.
- Ensure that paper work is maintained and all documentation is done correctly.
- Ensure that crews are in compliance at the highest level.
Safety, Security, Compliance:
- Ensure that the Safety Program of the Company is aggressively followed.
- Working with Safety Department to reduce the Company’s Workers Compensation Insurance, thru safer field practices and compliance
- Visit each crews company wide and through interaction with crew members ensure that they have a safe working environment free from harassment or any undue treatment by any other crew member or Company management personnel.
- Development of a relationship with employees to be able to freely express concerns or problems with in the company.
- Inspect each crew on for compliance with the Company’s Good Agriculture Practices Program (GAPP); provide on the spot correction to any violation and notify the Safety Manager with the violation and corrective action taken so that effective follow-up training can be scheduled.
- Ensure crews are working in accordance to LGMA protocols, report findings to Operations/Harvest Manager and Safety Managers
- Audit to ensure that all administrative and payroll functions are in compliance with all Federal and State laws.
- Development and update of company compliance policies to meet or exceed all Federal and State laws.
- Conduct education of company staff based on audit results and any new compliance.
- Monthly or as often as needed oversee system data base for all Compliance requirements for employees and expiration dates such as but not limited to: FLCE registrations, CPR/First aid trainings, Harassment trainings, Licenses etc. Reporting the dates due to the Supervisors and Managers responsible. Follow up that it has been done, and data base has been updated.
- Conduct paper audits on all personnel documents on monthly basis in all of Foothill operational locations.
- Review, approve and submit suggestions to improve compliance, methods of tracking.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring or enforcement of compliance standards.
- After each quarter end, provide a brief written narrative on the findings of audits and general compliance of the company. Work with HR and Loss Control departments on focused training based on the audit findings.
- Development of new business practices to improve the compliance of the company from recording keeping status.
- Participate in outside trainings for education and compliance updates.
- Participate and develop trainings and training material
- Participate in developing a Strategic Planning on compliance and safety
- Assist in the development and review of the H2A application in regards to compliance.
- Assist in H2A during transition time, recruitment, consulate appointments.
- Attend quarterly workers comp safety meetings.
- Weekly written Executive Summary of prior week’s activities and compliance concerns.
Knowledge of agricultural methods, practices and equipment; knowledge of spreadsheets, company accounting software, word processing; initiative to develop new procedures to make field work processes more efficient; computer literate in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel;10-key by touch; ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties. Able to travel for extended periods of time to all of the company’s operations. Able to travel out of the US. Able to conduct and lead in a professional manner as to reflect the high standards of the ownership. Driving record as accepted by Company Policy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree, two years’ experience and or seven years’ experience with agricultural field operations and harvesting that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
Proficiency in English and Spanish
Strong analytical/numbers capabilities and problem solving capabilities
- Sitting for prolonged period of time.
- Moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing and manual dexterity.
- Walking on uneven surfaces while inspecting crops in the field.
- Entering cold, high humidity environments when inspecting produce in cold rooms.
- Entering noisy environments around field equipment or in customer’s processing plants.
- Exposure to an out-door environment on a year-around basis.
- Communicating over radio and telephone in both office and field environments.
- Driving over open road and off road.
Must be able to handle multi-tasks and work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.