Corporate Safety/Human Resource Manager
This opportunity serves an integral role with the Human Resources team, overseeing all human resources personnel at the company’s operational divisions (harvesting, processing and hauling facilities). This role is a combination of management duties and hands-on risk management, safety, compliance, employee relations and payroll functions.
If you are an established human resources professional who enjoys variety and is looking to join a growing company, this could be the position for you.
As Corporate Safety/Human Resource Manager, responsibilities include:
Safety & Risk Management
• Serve as liaison between HR Director, Operations and Safety Committee on all Safety related matters.
• Design and implement safety/training programs that facilitate the understanding and implementation of employee safety standards within each unique operation (trucking, harvesting, processing, cooling and administrative).
• Create and oversee company-wide safety culture (training, incentives, risk assessments and behavior modification programs).
• Monitor, refine and oversee workers compensation claims, Modified and Return to Work Programs.
• Ensure worksites (buildings, facilities, fields, maintenance shops and trucking operations) are regularly inspected to identify and minimize liability, and safety/health risk exposures.
• Work with HR/Safety onsite personnel to plan, develop and implement safety and loss prevention programs.
• Conduct claims investigations and evaluate risk management claims to identify significant hazards and loss trends.
• Identify and recommend preventive safety measures and corrective actions to management and safety committee.
• Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure compliance with state and federal policies and OSHA/DOT regulations.
• Responsible for assuring HR/Safety personnel are in compliance for safety incentive programs, random drug testing program, hearing conservation, defensive driving classes, annual driver license checks and CPR/First Aid training.
• Assist and oversee third party safety audits (OSHA, food safety).
• Prepares and distributes safety committee minutes, accident/injury analysis reports and safety related education.
• Conduct comprehensive loss and claims management and analysis; follow up with all internal/external parties involved to expedite claims to closure.
• Implementation and trainings of company programs and policies such as; Driver Fleet Safety, IIPP and safety related trainings for both newly hired employees and continuing employees as needed.
• Verify, process, and document eligibility of employee group benefits.
• Distribute and educate personnel on company policies, practices and benefits.
• Maintain personnel records and HR documentation (hire, disciplinary, transfers, and resignations).
• Responsible for assisting with auditing, tracking and documentation of compliance of policies and procedures.
• Prepare and execute disciplinary notifications and employments separations, including exit interview.
• Must be an effective hand-on manager, capable of resolving organizational, training, communication, and interpersonal problems that may arise.
Corporate Safety/Human Resource Manager Requirements:
• Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or related degree
• Prior experience in a Human Resources role, with emphasis on agricultural safety, plant/cooler operations or related
• Bilingual in Spanish (must be a fluent speaker, able to speak, read and write Spanish)
• Effective interpersonal and relations skills including interacting with both a professional and craft workforce
• Strong PC skills, including MS Excel and Word
Corporate Safety/Human Resource Manager Desired, Not Required:
• Experience working in the agricultural or related industry required
• SPHR or PHR (professional of human resources) license designation
• Certified in Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM)
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director at the corporate level, overseeing other company divisions. The position includes full benefits as well as 401(k) with match and a discretionary performance-based bonus.
Travel from the corporate office to outside operations within CA and AZ is required.
About the Company
Since our inception in 1989, Pacific International Marketing has been providing the nation with the finest fresh vegetables and fruit that nature has to offer. We take pride in being one of the industry's leading produce companies. We are involved in the growing, packing, shipping and processing of all our commodities and offer a complete line of conventional and organic produce.
We have multiple growing regions, selected for their productive climate and rich soil, to ensure our customers a year-round supply of the finest product. Pacific ships over 20 million packages per year from the Western United States and Mexico.
Pacific International Marketing is the marketing arm for our other companies; Dynasty Farms, Inc. and Pure Pacific Organics, LLC. Dynasty Farms is a fully integrated farming company controlling every aspect of the growing process from ground preparation, planting, harvesting, and trucking, to cooling and shipping and oversees more than 20,000 acres of conventional produce. The company farms vegetables in the Salinas, Santa Maria, Coachella, Imperial, and San Joaquin Valleys, and the Oxnard area of California.
Pacific understands that the quality of the produce and the success of the company stems from the hard work and dedication of our people. That is why we continue today, as we always have, as an employee-owned company. This means, virtually all the key sales people and management personnel are also company owners and are eager to work with you!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.