This is an exciting opportunity to purchase produce for both the North Atlantic and Northeast regions. You will support produce programs in the major metropolitan regions in the northeast USA. The regional produce buyer will be responsible for sourcing and procuring the highest quality conventional and organic produce from local, domestic, and international sources. They will also be responsible for helping to maintain the day to day operations of the produce buying team.
Work with the Produce Buying Team to:
- Purchase fresh produce for distribution to all stores and facilities in the Northeast and North Atlantic Regions for WFM.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure consistent supplies of the highest quality produce at an appropriate cost.
- Manage relationships and support two distinct regional produce programs.
- Analyze sales and inventory data to produce accurate replenishment orders.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels at the Distribution Center.
- Work with quality control and receivers to resolve arrival problems and maintain the highest of quality standards.
- Build weekly ads in conjunction with the regional retail coordinator group.
- Visit stores and help maintain open lines of communication between the facility and the stores.
- Assist the buying team with day to day operations of the buying office.
- Maintain seamless communication with DC operations and participate as a member of the DC Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated produce buying experience. Retail produce experience a plus.
- A familiarity with organic agriculture and products.
- A commitment to local agriculture.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to execute daily, weekly and seasonal produce procurement strategies.
- Strong decision maker and able to react quickly to ever-changing market conditions.
- Understanding of produce terminology and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively correspond verbally, in writing and in an email intense environment.
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Outstanding organizational skills including 100% follow through without losing detail.
- Ability to multitask on phone, computer and in person simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze, comprehend and interpret a multitude of data to make sound purchasing decisions.
- Computer literacy with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of computer based purchasing systems a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Flexibility to work in varying temperatures or damp conditions.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and lift up to 25 lbs. as needed in a refrigerated environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel including some overnight and extended travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Experience purchasing in both FOB and in cooperation with internal purchasing.
- A team player, able to work with a team oriented approach to strategizing and problem solving.
- A commitment to achieving excellence.
- A strong work ethic, lead by example.
- An overall passion for produce.
For more information about Whole Foods Market and to begin the on-line application process, please visit: https://careers.wholefoodsmarket.com/distribution/global/en/job/WHFOGLOBAL25930/Replenishment-Buyer-Produce
Applicants must complete the online application via the supplied link to be considered. Resumes should be uploaded through the application.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.