Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: A Section Grower Assistant Manager at Skagit Horticulture is responsible for the care of his/her assigned crops including: water/fertility and media monitoring and management, control of environmental conditions of the crop, scouting for pests and diseases, and record keeping.
Responsibilities are as follows:
Water/Fertility and Media Management
- Determine irrigation needs, apply irrigation as needed
- Monitor fertilization levels of the crop and apply fertilizers as needed
- Routinely test media EC and pH levels, monitor crops for nutrient problems, and take appropriate actions.
Monitor Conditions of the Crop:
- Provide crops with best attainable environmental conditions through proper use of heating, cooling equipment and light management.
- Monitor and log environmental conditions on a daily basis
- Check crops for readiness and communicate crop conditions to others in the company
- Work with Plant Maintenance Supervisor and Production Manager to space and move plants for best quality.
Pest and Growth Regulator Management:
- Scout your area on a regular schedule for pest and disease issues,
- With advice of Grower, determine control measures for pest problems, apply routine pesticides
- Maintain crops within agreed upon standards
- Maintain required records and see that worker protection standards are followed.
- Obtain and maintain California State Private Applicator status and stay current with new chemicals, application methods, and regulations
- Maintain concise and timely records of pertinent crop information: crop schedules, chemical and PGR applications, protocols, etc
- Maintain records in an approved form that is readily accessible to Grower and Manager
- Work with Grower and Production Manager to find the best possible space available for crops
- Keep crop consolidated and promptly dispose of substandard plants
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.