JOB TITLE: Human Resources/Benefits Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Coachella, Ca.
REPORTS TO: HR Director
TRAVEL: Yes (Somis, Ca.)
WORK SCHEDULE: Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week; schedule will be determined by the Human Resources Director
Under limited supervision, reporting to the HR Director, this position is responsible for performing HR-related duties such as employee relations, employment law compliance, training, performance management, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and onboarding. Works closely with management in supporting designated geographic regions. You will be responsible for administration of employee benefits for the entire organization. As needed, provides special guidance and assistance to all employee benefit plans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Maintains employee benefits data in automated human resources information systems.
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
- Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Notifies employees of changes in benefit programs.
- Prepares and submits government-mandated reports.
- Consults with employees on a regular basis to keep lines of communication open in order to maintain positive staff morale and a professional and productive atmosphere within the company.
- Manage Leave of Absence and other attendance protocols
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employment policies and procedures manual
- Ensures that all personal files are accurate and in order.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Administer annual performance appraisal process to include appropriate merit increase implementation
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- May conduct recruitment, new-employee orientations (onboarding)
- Participates in business and departmental meetings as needed
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with company policy, rules and procedures
- Assist with employee training and development
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
A bachelor's degree and three years HR experience, or seven plus years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and HR related experience. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in Payroll and Benefits Administration.
Be thorough and accurate. You will be tasked with ensuring data integrity, identifying and addressing process improvements in our HR/Benefits operations and developing
- Be proactive. You are eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You are dedicated about making ongoing process improvements.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You identify challenges, analyze the root causes, seek to understand rationale behind current processes and provide solutions.
- Work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary.
- Have a positive attitude and the desire to provide impeccable support to senior management team.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level and working conditions are similar to those for an administrative office. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold or heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.