Position: Produce Sales Representative in Bakersfield, CA
Description: Terra Bella Farms, LLC is a year-round, full-line, branded grower / shipper of predominantly organic cucumbers and tomatoes with a national sales and global sourcing presence. The company’s partners and key outside growers own important farming assets in Mexico, and we have diversified and direct base of national and regional customers who are looking to grow with us. We are seeking a candidate who would help us expand our business while maintaining the reputation that we have so proudly built.
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a motivation to contribute to a growing business. They will be detail-oriented and able to analyze changing market factors, and have a comprehensive understanding of the fresh produce supply-chain.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Book orders with customers and shippers.
- Customer service.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals.
- Previous sales experience and knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Must have existing book of business.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and customer service skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) experience preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of strong sales and customer relationships.
- Ability to work independently, promote, sell and procure new business.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel.
We look forward to hearing from qualified experienced candidates who would like to be a part of something special. Your success is our success. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents below with “Applicant Specialist BlueSkySearch” in the subject line.
Cover letter summarizing your interest in this position and qualifications. Current resume and list of three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.