Growers Express, LLC, one of the West’s finest grower/shipper of fresh vegetables, is currently looking for a Electrical/Mechanical Technician. The Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial food processing equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and troubleshooting scales and packaging machines, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Install, repair and perform preventative maintenance on industrial produce processing equipment, water levels, water systems, scales, pouch filling machines, conveyors and other equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical issues
- Respond to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and systems
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts and test and make adjustments to equipment and systems
- Look for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes
- Work with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Growers Express, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry
- Ensure work is performed safely and efficiently
- Study blueprints and manufacturer manuals to determine correct operation and troubleshooting of machinery
- Proficient reading of electrical schematics
- Maintain accurate and timely records of maintenance performed on maintenance software
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by management
- Minimum of 5 years industrial electrical maintenance experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 480/240 and 24 volt control systems
- PLC programming experience is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math and has good time management
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work well done
- Self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Industrial electrical/mechanical degree preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Electrical/Mechanical Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Electrical/Mechanical Technician is required to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, reach, twist, kneel, work in confined areas, reach overhead, drive a forklift, grasp, move equipment, and push, pull, move, lift and carry up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Electrical/Mechanical Technician is required to work inside and outside areas of a typical industrial produce processing facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, hot and cold, noise, odors, humidity and dust in general production areas or on outside grounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.