Responsible providing overall direction, guidance and supervision to the operational personnel throughout the execution of the produce receiving and packing functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel and operational activities.
- Responsible for employee performance and disciplinary protocol
- Ability to direct and delegate work to facility personnel
- Communicate daily with Director of Operations on packing production, managing labor costs
- Works with Human Resources, Director of Operations to hire and maintain adequate department staffing.
- Works with Maintenance Manger to ensure all facility equipment are properly maintained and equipment programs are scheduled regularly.
- Works with Food Safety Manager to ensure proper housekeeping and sanitation of facility as well as maintain food safety program.
- Monitor and recommend improvements in processes to increase facility/production efficiency
- Ensure that quality product is being produced, graded, packaged, and palletized according to Moonlight Companies standards and specifications.
- Ensure all employees, machine and vehicle operators are trained/certified while performing their duties accurately and safely.
- Encourage and support a work culture of continuous improvement and employee safety.
- Oversee shook inventory management
- Follow ethical and business-like manner in all interaction with employees, drivers, growers, customers and contractors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bilingual Spanish preferred to communicate with majority Spanish speaking workforce
- Clean driving records and Valid CA Driver’s License
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in produce packing
- Ability to work extended hours; work nights, weekends or as business needs arise during harvesting season
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.