Located in the heart of the fertile Central Valley of California since 1950. Fowler Packing is one of the largest family owned farming operations in the Central Valley. We supply consistent quality products that can be found in the produce department of grocery stores nationwide under the SamSons and Halos Label.
A warehouse manager is responsible of planning, organizing and controlling of a warehouse’s over-all operations; the manager organizes activities & assigns jobs accordingly to the staff. Responsible for managing stock control, the receipt, storage, retrieval and ensure the timely delivery of goods. In most cases, the manager also has to supervise shipment loading & transferring and keep records of documents by entering data into the system.
- Responsible for planning out all warehouse resources and activities in keeping with the company’s objectives and targets
- Plans for the development of the staff by organizing training sessions
- Responsible for ensuring that all the health and safety requirements are met and also has to take responsibility for the security of the building and stock
- Responsible for maintaining and issuing inventory report, entry and exit status report, dead stock report, goods age report, consumption report, manpower status report to the logistics manager
- Investigate and implement cost reduction measures in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities
- Create daily work logs and do audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Suggest measures of improvement and development of the warehouse
- Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient team
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of warehouse experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.