The Sr. QC Manager will be responsible for leading and organizing the Produce Dept. QC efforts at both Corporate and Division level. That person will set programs that will efficiently and effectively make the AWG quality control program “Best in class”. AWG’s program will conform to all USDA and FSMA regulations on inspecting, holding, and shipping of produce. The manager will communicate with both division warehouse operations and QC teams while working with them on any issues that could impact on produce quality. Warehousing knowledge and experience will be beneficial for this position.
This position supports AWG’s mission to remain firmly committed to our long-established mission statement:
“Our mission is to ensure the success of our member retailers and provide opportunities to our employees. This will be accomplished by satisfying the customers’, and our member retailers’, needs for quality supermarket merchandise and superior support services. We will do this with high quality employees whose mission is to provide the lowest possible cost of goods in order to ensure our members profitability, competiveness and continued growth.”
Description of Work
The individual must have the ability to perform the responsibilities listed below. The list is not all inclusive of duties that may be requested by the Executive Director, Produce or a member of upper management but are intended for an understanding of the purpose of the position. It is the responsibility of each individual at AWG to provide ultimate customer service to our members to support their efforts in increasing same store sales and profits.
1. Ability to analyze information to formulate plans and execute the plans at both corporate and divisional level.
2. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
3. Understanding of USDA and FSMA regulations to insure AWG is current with all regulations and policies.
4. Understanding the processes of Banana ripening at warehouse level and the ripening process at retail.
5. Ability to work with warehouse personnel on any plans that will help produce quality.
6. This position requires strong communication and computer skills with the ability to use and learn new technology.
7. Ability to establish dating standards that provide AWG’s members the freshest Produce possible.
8. Understanding the use of iTrade Fresh and the ability to expand on its capacity.
9. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to implement the proper processes for receiving, inspecting, storing, selecting, staging, and shipping of product.
10. Responsible for establishing a comprehensive training program for our QC team that provides continuing education to make AWG’s program compliant with regulatory requirements and best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and speak fluent English and comprehend operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Possess the ability to use basic math skills to process information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
- Instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Degree not required, but equivalent work experience in retail or wholesale environment preferred. Multi-facility management preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Perform bending, squatting, sitting, and reaching from floor level to six feet in height.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions providing a hardship is not required of the company or membership.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud during growing area trips. This position will have occasional travel requirements. This position works in or around coolers and refrigerated areas. This position works around packing and heavy machinery.
- Position will require 50% percent travel
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver’s License
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.