Title: Sourcing Assistant
Reports to: Assistant Sourcing Manager
Type: Full Time, Non-exempt
PRO*ACT is North America’s leading distributor of fresh food to the foodservice and retail industries, sourcing from premier national, regional and local farmers. PRO*ACT streamlines the produce supply chain, offering significant cost benefits and an easy, one-call solution to source the freshest produce from more than 70 third-party inspected, independently owned, local distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT provides category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
PRO*ACT is looking for a self-motivated professional with a desire to break into the produce industry. This role will provide administrative support to the Sourcing Team. Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
This role will be responsible for supporting the team through communications, generating and providing reports, managing supplier data interchange, updating purchase orders and other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate in stressful situations
- Must be able to problem solve with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Tableau and/or Smartsheet a plus!
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.