Summary of Position:
This position works independently to ensure timely, effective coverage and maintenance of (ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, boiler/steam, and compressed air systems) the position also provides mechanical and technical process support throughout the facility.
Essential Duties for all Employees:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements at all times.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business conditions.
- Ensure cleanliness around facility, freezer and production area.
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all preventative maintenance to the system, including draining the oil pots, oil and filter changes compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, auto purges, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment, air compressors, air dryers, hvac and boilers/steam
- Observes and record temperature and pressure readings for system and equipment and adjusts controls to obtain specified operation of equipment
- Makes periodic inspection of equipment and system to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in engine room, cooler, freezer, and IQF areas
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards
- Comply to and monitor operation for compliance with all elements of the “Process Safety Management Program”
- Document all maintenance and inspection activity in accordance with our Work Connection Program
- Must follow company’s GMP’s, SOP’s, Plant Rules and Policies
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of two years’ experience operating large refrigeration systems including:
- Multi-stage Ammonia Compression Systems
- Electrical Control Systems (FES & Frick)
- Ability to Interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawings
- Liquid Recirculation Systems
- Evaporative Condensers
- Room Cooling & Freezing
- Screw Compressors
- Knowledge of safety criteria for Ammonia Systems based on IIAR Standards
1. 55% Walking, 15% bending, 5% squatting
2. 25% Walking up/down stairs & ladders
3. Lifting approximately 50#
4. 30% Reaching
5. Working environment inside: Cold 40 to 100 degrees, Outside varied weather conditions
6. 70% Manual dexterity and fine motor skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
George Chiala Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.