Scully Packing Company LLC is in the process of restructuring its sales staff after the planned retirement of its Sales Manager. We are seeking an experienced individual who possesses practical produce sales experience. This person will complement our existing staff of several salespeople. Job title, responsibilities, and compensation will be dependent on the qualifications of the applicant. This position is a year-round position but is characterized by a very busy sales season followed by a much slower winter/spring that affords a lot of recharging time.
- Manage existing retail accounts.
- Target and develop new retail, wholesale, and food service customers.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends, changes and opportunities.
- Monitor inventory positions and react to changing conditions to successfully market perishable crop.
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with other similar businesses in the produce industry.
- Work with existing sales staff to put together and implement marketing plans, strategies and goals.
- Preseason travel will be required.
- Previous experience in produce sales – preferably with pears, apples, or stone fruits.
- Good knowledge of retail trade.
- Computer proficiency. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, retail platforms (iTrade, etc.) and Famous (a plus).
- Self-motivated and good organizational skills. Ability to act on visions and goals.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- A 4-year college degree is preferred but not required if it is deemed that there is sufficient strength in core areas.
Compensation and job responsibilities will depend on qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.