Manages all aspects of harvest including but limited to:
- Fruit evaluation
- Harvest crew placement and supervision
- Quality control
- Ensure safe work procedures
Supports field technical evaluation including but not limited to:
- Crop estimates
- Fruit size measurement
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Supervises and delegates harvest production functions.
- Ensures production goals and quality control of citrus are met.
- Oversees recruitment procedures of harvest crews.
- Enforces company safety rules and policies.
- Maintains good grower relations.
- Ensures that fruit estimations and projections are correct and useful.
- Measuring fruit size data to understand growth trajectory of crop.
- Correctly completing required paper work, and using required I-Phone field applications.
- Ensure that Fruit Labor Contractors are in their assigned fields
- Responsibilities also include insuring strict quality control standards related to fruit harvesting, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining FLC’s under your supervision.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
Directly manages Field Labor Contractors in Harvesting. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Basic computer fluency e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations as they may relate to such things as; Maturity Testing, Citrus Rustmite, Armored Scale, Citrus Diseases Etc.
- Ability to write reports, and communicate by email as needed.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of ranch managers and growers.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited supervision exists.
- Ability to spend the vast majority of your time traveling to, and in the fields supervising Farm Labor Contractors as well as continually observing any changes taking place related to field conditions and fruit quality.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program - $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.