The production supervisor will perform vital functions of the daily operations in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, and technically innovative. This position will oversee the ground prep and planting process, plant development, as well as the execution of the day to day cultural growing practices.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The production supervisor will evaluate, plan, organize, and supervise farming operations. This role will provide leadership and coordination of general farming activities and engage in the ongoing planning of continued development. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with strategic and operational planning;
- Oversees the planting and development of various organic row crops and organic multi-leaf lettuces; Coordinates the daily activities for the planting, tillage, and application/pest management departments;
- Provides leadership and guidance to farming personnel;
- Ensures that practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality of crop production;
- Works with other departments to optimize efficiencies of farming operations;
- Oversees the maintenance, repair and replacement of farming equipment;
- Leads a Food Safety & Quality culture within the business;
- Drives to achieve, sustain, and continuously improve product quality & quality systems, personnel safety, food safety, personnel development, and financial results;
- All other duties as assigned
II. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the production supervisor will work in office, shop, and farm areas. The production supervisor frequently is required to stand for extended period of time, walk and sit and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental exposure is seasonal outdoor temperature.
III. QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an agriculture field of study or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of experience with row crop and Leafy Green Vegetable farming experience;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of scheduling and executing crop inputs including, but not limited to, planting, cultivation, applications, and fertilization
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Ability to effectively positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish;
- Effective and proficient reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks;
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and ability to travel 30% of the time to satellite locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.