Client Support & Procurement Specialist
About Our Team
The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com .
Are you eager for growth and ready to join a great team to make a difference in our organization?
We are seeking an experienced and talented Client Support & Procurement Specialist with strong background in sales, buying, negotiations, QC knowledge, customer management, and Inventory control.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled produce professional to support our Department Heads and Division Manager by utilizing their knowledge and experience in the L.A. Produce Market. The ideal candidate will need to possess strong customer and vendor relationships, and outstanding work and business ethics.
We believe in exceeding our customer’s expectations, and we know that every person in our organization plays a key role in making that happen. If you’re currently working in produce and you’re looking for that perfect opportunity with a great company to grow and further excel your skills, we’re offering a exciting position for the right person. Position available in Los Angeles, CA/Los Angeles Produce Market, Giumarra Companies corporate office.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate with existing Dept Heads and Division Manager on customer and commodity growth, pricing strategy, program implementation and planning.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals.
- Grow distribution and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- Assist in daily procurement of produce to fill shortages and maintain acceptable inventory levels to minimize shrinkage/ spoilage.
- Work collaboratively to ensure optimal customer service and support, while also ensuring customers maintain current A/R balance.
- Identify and analyze local market dynamics and pursue new opportunities.
- Assist in miscellaneous tasks as needed by Dept. Heads and Division Manager.
- 2 - 4 years of sales experience in the fresh produce industry.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent Spanish a plus.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems based on goals assigned by Division Manager.
- Self-starter who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion with key customers.
- Ability to work LA Wholesale Market hours in the early morning and work until job is complete.
- Knowledge of USDA requirements and USDA Inspection Process.
- In-depth produce industry knowledge and experience.
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent selling skills and an ability to adapt to different customer types.
- High degree of collaboration within the sales team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage products and make wise decisions in a fast-paced environment based on goals set by Division Manager. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual with the passion and determination to “go the extra mile.” You should be ready for the challenge to effectively establish and grow the business by cultivating and managing profitable customer and vendor relationships.
The best candidates will have the ability to analyze complex and changing market factors, evaluate alternative sales practices, and recommend and/or implement effective courses of action. You should be adept at exercising independent judgment and initiative. Ideal candidates will have an excellent understanding of the fresh foods supply-chain, annual supply/pricing dynamics, business operations, sales contract negotiation, distribution logistics, quality management, and claims processing. You should be an assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges and you should be comfortable working with a variety of personalities and individuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds minimum.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Please e-mail resume with subject “Client Support & Procurement Specialist”
Giumarra Companies in partnership with ADP Totalsource is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans' status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The organization is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.