Located in the heart of the fertile Central Valley of California since 1950. Fowler Packing is one of the largest family owned farming operations in the Central Valley. We supply consistent quality products that can be found in the produce department of grocery stores nationwide under the SamSons and Halos Labels.
The Shop Manager is responsible for the daily operations and activities of our agriculture shop, supporting an array of departments. This position plays a key role in maintenance of all farming equipment. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, hands-on manager, with a solid understanding of the business, ability to manage people, and willingness to take ownership of shop tasks and projects.
- Oversee operations to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Oversee the hiring and training of mechanics
- Oversee the disposal of wastes such as used engine oil, soot to ensure adherence to health and safety laws
- Utilize computerized Maintenance Management System
- Compliance with company policy and health and safety programs
- Ensure mechanics comply with environmental laws and regulations
- Monitors and report all safety-related issues as related to the shop area or any location where maintenance is being performed
- Oversee the procurement of vehicle parts, automotive equipment and various other items required in an auto service department
- Serves as Purchasing Agent and works with Managers and Field Employees to ensure reasonable purchases
- Maintains and organizes all shop records
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the shop and office
- 5-7 years of experience in a diesel, automotive, or farm equipment repair shop
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience
- Must have C class Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, and MVR check
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Sit or stand for extended periods
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.