Florida Pacific Farms, LLC located in Dover, Florida, a berry farming partnership and employer utilizing the H2a Guest Worker Program, is seeking a Bilingual Production Assistant to join our Berry Production /Administration team. The Production Assistant will provide support to the Berry Farm Managers who are directly responsible for the record keeping of daily activities preformed on the farming operations and delivery of activity records to the Administrative Departments. The position will require executing a variety of complex projects, with a high level of professionalism. The position will be headquartered in Dover, Florida and will report to the HR/ Payroll/ Production Coordinator and Production Manager.
- Train personnel in proper methods of gathering and submitting information/reports (ie: field data collection datatrack, hourly timesheets, absenteeism).
- Enter, balance and export hourly time reports daily to payroll for processing.
- Balance and export daily reports to payroll (datatrack) and production (fruit receipt tags) each day of activity.
- Seek guidance from Payroll Coordinator for any field absences daily for compliance reporting requirements to USDOL/USCIS.
- Reconcile fruit receipt tags daily to DSA Grower Portal.
- Prepare New Hire Packets.
- Assist Farm Managers in preparation of guest worker interview logs (as needed).
- Participate in communication efforts with guest and domestic workers regarding visa appointments and start work dates.
- Issue and activate employee badges prior to start date of all hires.
- Participate in weekly hiring. Requires on the fly flexibility in working hours including overtime and weekends.
- Enter completed new/re-hire employee information into HR/PR/ System within 48 hours.
- Maintain Employee Housing occupancy log.
- Conduct new hire orientations and ensure employees have received accurate information regarding benefits, company policies, workers’ compensation, safety etc.
- Help coordinate field meeting and training sessions.
- Conduct weekly farm visits.
- Act as liaison for communication between main office and field.
- Help with advance preparation for departure of guest workers as contracts expire, including coordination of transportation with agent and travel subsistence.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience of Admin support. Agriculture experience a plus.
- Fluency in both written/verbal English and Spanish required.
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and data entry.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as deemed necessary (example: during peak season).
- High level of time management skills.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management.
- Ability and willingness to support local admin department in cases of planned or unplanned absences.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.