We have an exciting job opportunity – Accounting Manager at Rijk Zwaan USA
Would you like to be part of a successful and growing team? Are you interested in excellent growth potential in a key organizational role? Do you want to work for a people-oriented company with excellent benefits? If so, apply for this full-time vacancy for Accounting Manager at our subsidiary location in Salinas, California.
The role of Accounting Manager at Rijk Zwaan USA
In this role, you are responsible for general and financial accounting as well as assisting with strategic planning and analysis for both our USA and Canadian subsidiaries. This position works closely with Management and is based in our Salinas, California Office with occasional international and domestic travel.
What are the typical areas of responsibility for the Accounting Manager?
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable (including customer statements, credit apps and collections)
- Tracking (sub) ledgers (debt/credit/inventory/fixed assets/customer)
- Journal Entries
- Closing ledger accounts
- Bank Reconciliations
- Intercompany and Statutory accounts
- Inventory reconciliations
- Fixed Assets
- Capital Investment Tracking
- Compiles monthly balance sheet and income statement
- Generates month-end and year-end financial reporting package for Management
- Works with external auditors and tax professionals on year end close requirements
Planning, Control and Analysis:
- Handles preparation and tracking of budgets, multi-year plans and budget to actual variance analysis
- Formulates, implements and enforces Internal controls and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assists Management with strategic planning and financial analysis projects as requested
We are seeking the following qualifications:
- Accounting Degree required and CPA a plus
- Minimum of 5-8 years of working experience
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience a plus
- Experience with Cognos Reporting tool a plus
- Excellent system skills and technology savvy
- Team oriented
- “Roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with change in a growing organization
- Driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement and 401k Plan.
You can address your cover letter to Loretta Brown, Office Manager.
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally. We take great pride in contributing to the health and well-being of people all over the world. Rijk Zwaan currently employs over 3,000 people globally in over 30 countries. Our most important focus is the growth for our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential. Working with colleagues to produce the best and tastiest vegetables. Reinforcing, helping and inspiring one another. We continuously strive to work together towards a healthy future.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.