Triangle Farms Inc. is a well-established farming company in the Salinas Valley focused on todays high demand agriculture. Triangle Farms Inc. operates within the Salinas Valley as a year around grower for processors and shippers. With today’s competitive atmosphere, we are seeking highly motivated talented individuals with the desire to be part of our team.
The Food Safety Manager will be entrusted with management level responsibility for the company Food Safety Management System and staff, and for ensuring that the requirements of the Produce Safety Rule are being followed. Candidate must have at least three (3) years experience in produce production food safety; have documented food safety training and experience with GFSI, Global Gap, and LGMA; and demonstrate a solid understanding of the principles of food safety as applied to agricultural production.
Ideal candidate would also have experience in worker safety and training under OSHA, and with organic growing compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with management to establish controls and standards for food safety.
- Implement and maintain all food safety related programs and standards for all operations.
- Educate and advise management, and train employees on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP)
- Ensure that employees and managers have the required food safety training and are consistently working within food safety requirements
- Ensure that operations comply with federal, state, local, specific customer and company food safety policies and regulations
- Prepare and submit all required reports and correspondence
- Identify, document, and report suggested corrective action for continuous compliance and improvement
- Coordinate and lead all third-party, customer, and regulatory food safety audits.
- Conduct internal food safety audits for all operations and submit recommendations for corrective action to management for approval, as appropriate
- Verbal and writing communication skills with the confidence to present in large group setting.
- Prepare and coordinate annual food safety training specific for supervisors, foreman, harvesting crews, farming employees
- Audit all operations as required and whenever appropriate
- Full participation during food safety audits
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Perform well under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Energetic forward-thinking individual with ability to maintain effective working relationship
- Must have an acceptable driving record to drive a company vehicle
- Performs all other duties and tasks, as assigned by management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- GED Minimum Education or trade training specific to job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.